[Xen-users] RE: domU debian lenny installation

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: domU debian lenny installation
From: Steven Maresca <steve.maresca@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:10:02 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:20:55 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=A3dgnjxzDk7s8GriJQcOur3Cs/BkRFNXQ/RoYLxZQ34=; b=ScKe4ttxO964H4DZZHFfdRG1Skd2JTplLyogMfqhCIi2K4kV3x+cgPAeycSemDSjL0 NXwI48m1afF2BCAzUa4qNodJ6EltrqknHAVGs7vXD2Zhvo+vf+hXadSZu4SMgDvEbp7y JVm2SnAp4PnF7q8Dgooq01u0VPMika/E3yis0=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

>once i start the installation everything looks good until the point where i'm
>asked to specify disk driver?
>which driver to use as guest image is a file? tried virtio_blk but didn't work.
>
>any help is appreciated as this is a show stopper for me.
>
>thanks

That's caused by a mismatch between the kernel you're booting and the
modules contained within the initramfs. Is the debian supplied domU
config doing the downloading or have you tweaked it to supply your own
kernel?

If all else fails, download the initrd/kernel from a mirror yourself
and make a much simpler one-use install configuration.

I'm fairly certain the above is your problem, but for future
reference: virtio_blk is for kvm; the xen disk driver is usually
called xen-blkfront.

-s