Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 feature request

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 feature request
From: "Eljas Alakulppi" <Buzer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:48:49 +0300
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 07:50:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you want snapshots of the filesystem, use LVM. "xm save" takes snapshot of the domain's state (memory and such).

One secnario where xm save is useful: You need to reboot the Dom0, but want to restore DomUs back to how they were after reboot (really useful when your router is in DomU. Reboot is normally fast enough to get the router back up before the connections timeout).

-Eljas Alakulppi