Re: [Xen-users] Install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian Dom0

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian Dom0
From: Snehasis Sinha <Snehasis.Sinha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:16:56 +0530
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 02:47:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I cannot see any rpmstrap for lenny; however, rpm for lenny is available. Both rpm and rpmstrap are available for etch.

You can use jailtime.org ready images to start with. Once you see everything else is fine and working well, you can go ahead to have your own images using 'yum --installroot...' from a centos instance.

Kickstart should also work; I have not tested, though.

Thanks.

Evgeniy Sudyr wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to install Centos-5 as DomU on Debian (lenny) Dom0.

After some googling I see that it's possible install using xen-tools
via command:

xen-create-image --dist centos-5 --rpmstrap --hostname=centos-test
--ip=192.168.0.3 --mirror
http://ftp.tlk-l.net/pub/mirrors/centos.org/5/os/x86_64/CentOS --force
--install-method=rpmstrap

problem is that I don`t see where I can get rpmstrap binary and source
as well for lenny, my toughs is that maybe this method is not so good
if there is no package in lenny :)

I need suggestion based on someone's experience in installing Centos
and Fedora guests on Debian host.

--
Thanks!
Evgeniy