Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation Problem

To: Eddie_Chen <eddie_xychen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation Problem
From: Sylvain Jeanneret <s.jeanneret@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:47:45 +0200
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:48:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12 Jun 2009,  7:25:24 -0700, Eddie_Chen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I was tring to use Yast(Opensuse 11.1) to Create Virtual Machine, Yast
> can start the virtual machine installation process but cannot find any disk,
> so the installation fails. I encountered the same problem when installing
> Windows XP and Opensuse.
>
> Do I need to create a virtualized disk first? Or how can I specify which
> disk to install?

With Yast, you have to define your disk. If you choose a physical
device, it must exists. If you choose a file, it is not nessary to
create it before use.
(I use opensuse 11.1 too and it was OK with these domU: w2k8, w7, opensuse 11.1)

To define your domU   : Yast --> Virtualisation --> Créer des machines
virtuelles
In english (supposed) : Yast --> Virtualisation --> Create virtual machines

Hope it helps,

--
Sylvain