Re: [Xen-users] synchronization between domUs

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Lei Ye<leiye.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem I found
> is that multiple domainUs are to some extents time-correlated if both are
> idle, for example, the crond daemons execute the scripts almost at the same
> period although the domUs boots at different time.

Why is that a problem?
The traditional cron are supposed to run on schedule. So if you have
two domUs, same distro, same packages, no customization to cron files,
it's only normal that they execute cron jobs at the same time. If you
don't want them to start at the same time you can start by editing
/etc/crontab.

An exception is when you have anacron installed, in which case cron
execution might depend on system startup time.

> Can someone tell whether
> there is explicit synchronization done for DomUs in Xen? Why are they
> synchronized, like some system daemons?

domUs clock are synchronized to dom0 by default. You can change this,
but since we're talking about system clock they should be synchronized
anyway. No other synchronizations occur between domUs.

--
Fajar