Re: [Xen-users] my first XEN Installation I need some advice

To: Niels Jende <mylists1@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] my first XEN Installation I need some advice
From: Fabian Zimmermann <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:37:13 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:56:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Niels Jende,

HVM, okay. Do you mean that I have to install XEN with HVM Support? If so,
would you mind telling me how to do that? As said, this will be my first
installation.

you don't need to "install" them. If you use ubuntu-default-xen, than you already have everything. Just check the example-configs or

http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Virtualizing_Windows_Server_2008_with_Xen

Second question is: Do I have to have special Images to install WinServer2008
and Exchange2007?
The only question you have to "worry" about is your performance. Use Stubdom or GPLPV to get the best out of your hardware, else Xen will do something like "emulating", which is - of course - not as fast as PV or Stubdom.

Hmmm...I have two books on my desk and in none is something like Stubdom or
GPLVL? Would you please explain what both means and how I have to install them?

Sorry ;)

Stubdom: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=stubdom
GPLPV: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GPLPV

Nice weather our there, isn't it ;)