Re: [Xen-users] Bluescreen after installing gplpv 0.10.0.69

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bluescreen after installing gplpv 0.10.0.69
From: Matthias Reif <mattreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:54:20 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:55:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Max-Julian Pogner <mjp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote on 21/05/2009 06:58:55 AM:

> with nogplpv option but without disabling digital signatures with F8:
> error because of digital signature.
> (it's "bcdedit /copy {oldid} /d" name and
> "bcdedit /set {newid} loadoptions nogplpv" right?)

Yes, that's right.

> did you use a file, or a real partition (maybe an lvm-volume)?
> I am using
>   disk = [ 'file:/path/to/hda.img,hda,w' ]

I am using a raw partition (non-LVM) for the domU, ie.

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cciss/c0d0p3,xvda,w', 'phy:/dev/hda,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

Maybe you should try changing hda to xvda to see if that makes any difference.

BTW, my dom0 is CentOS 5.2 with Xen 3.3.0.

Cheers
Matthias

SOUTH PACIFIC SEEDS
PO Box 934, GRIFFITH N.S.W. 2680. AUSTRALIA
Phone:
02 6962 7333      Fax: 02 6964 1311

CAUTION: The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are reading this message and you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of all or part of the contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately. Any opinions or views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not represent those of their employer.