[Xen-users] RE: network problem with 50 domUs

To: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: network problem with 50 domUs
From: 이동규 <dongq.lee@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:05:55 +0900
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:06:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for insufficient information.

I am using 3.0.3 xen version on Centos5.2 and the machine has 16 GB RAM and 256MB is allocated to each domU (PV)

All domUs are attached to singe bridge (xenbr1) and they are all PVs. kernel version is 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen.

When I created 50 domUs in a machine, their network connections were made properly and worked just fine.

However, a few hours later, domUs’ network suddenly did not work even if all network configurations and

virtual bridge configurations remained same as before.

/var/log/message file (of dom0)  was filled up with the following messages;

May 17 06:11:04 ibmn2216a45 kernel: xen_net: Memory squeeze in netback driver.

May 17 06:11:09 ibmn2216a45 kernel: printk: 4 messages suppressed.

Their network problems seemed to be solved after rebooting domUs, but it did not last long. Only a few hours.

Please explain me why it is happening. Thank you in advance.