RE: [Xen-users] Need to Access 2 Serial Ports in HVM Win 2K3 server.

To: "'Trolle Selander'" <trolle.selander@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Need to Access 2 Serial Ports in HVM Win 2K3 server.
From: "David Griswold" <david.griswold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:52:10 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:52:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry - I thought I had sent my last reply to the list as well.

Thanks for the advice, that is exactly what I did, and it worked, in that I could see and access to serial ports in the Win2k3 domU.  Unfortunately, I think I am going to have to scrap this configuration.  I am running Hylafax in the dom0 and serial port performance under the xen kernel is not acceptable.  I can't even reliable receive one fax at a time let alone have all 8 ports on the 8 port fax modem active at once.  When I boot into the native kernel, I have no issues at all.  I would have expected this had I been running hylafax in a domU, but not the dom0.

Have you seen performance issues in regards to serial ports?

David