Re: [Xen-users] Problems with network/bridge

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM, Juergen Dattl <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This (by guess) looks like an NFS server failure due to
>> heavy load when copying files !
>
> i also thought first .. but thats not right .. one of the domUs
> boots with an diskimage .. and is also not reachable .. the bug
> semms to be a xen problem .. the bridge is dead and the kernel ops
> and message ..
> --
> /j<r>d

So .. why are you still using this setup?
Debian uses relatively-new kernel, which is not as widely-tested as
the old 2.6.18 kernel for Xen. Add to it the fact that you're using a
snapshot version, which is even less-tested, then I have to say it's
not really surprising for it to have bugs.

I'd recommend you use a well-tested known-to-work setup. I don't know
which version works best for Debian, but I do know that a RHEL-5.3
domU with kernel 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5xen can read-write lots of data
from nfs just fine (just tested it with a 1G file).

Since the bug seems to be on dom0 kernel, you might want to try using
2.6.18 kernel from xen.org, or try some older xenified debian kernel.

Regards,

Fajar