Re: [Xen-users] the dom0 reboot itself

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Jingyun He <jingyun.ho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all,
>    Today the dom0 reboot itself many times, but I can not find any
> userful information

The most useful source of information is usually the console output.
It would be helpful if you have a remote text console so you can
capture and log all console output. It's easy enough to setup for (at
least) HP and Sun servers.

strange error logs.
You might need to setup a remote syslog server though so it can
capture the logs even when some disk-related problems occur.

> , right now, I noticed that, if I package a large
> number of files in one windows domU, at first, the network will have
> many package drops, and later, the dom0 rebooted itself, any one can
> help me?

Is this reproducable?
If yes, you should capture the console output when this happens.

A (possibly) relevant information is that I've had opensolaris dom0
reboots when domU tries to use LSO or SG. Maybe the similar thing
happens to you.
You might want to disable LSO and SG on domU's NIC (on advanced
properties), and repeat the test.

Regards,

Fajar