Re: [Xen-users] Dom U stuck at boot time- centos.5-2 domU image on RHEL

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Ata E Husain Bohra
<aehusain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Fajar,
>
> I tried your suggestion, but there are more interesting observations. If I
> edit my config file to include extra ="3 xencons=tty", the domU still hangs

probably because of this

> WARNING: Failed to register Xen virtual console driver as 'tty1'

> Then I tried to google more and found a web link which was about centos (but
> worked for ubuntu too),
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/create-centos5.2-domu-on-ubuntu-hardy-dom0
>
> It instructs to edit the initab (event.d/tty1 in ubuntu) to make runlevel1
> thread to respwan with argument as "console" than "tty1". I also had to
> remove
> "extra" argument from the xen config file. With these two changes I am able
> to get to the login prompt.
>
> Please share if there is a reason for this behavior.

Had you read the link I set you thoroughly, you'd have seen my
suggestion on that thread. This message in particular should answer
your question

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-xm-console-hanging-p22909793.html

It seems that you can replace "xvc0" with "console" and get the same
result (at least on Centos).
In Ian's case, he prefer to add "xencons=tty" (which worked for him),
while in your case editing xencons didn't work. Probably
distro-specific issue (suse vs RHEL/Centos).

Regards,

Fajar