Re: [Xen-users] Re: cLVM on Debian/Lenny

> Jan Kalcic wrote:> Now I think I can figure out that there is no difference
> between a domU
> > based on a file block device on top of a cluster file system, let's
> > suppose OCFS2, and a domU based on physical block device on top of LVM
> > (cLVM). In both case, I am eventually able to run the domU on both nodes
> > having data corruption. Neither OCFS2 nor cLVM with their different lock
> > managers can provide that mechanism to assure consistency. Right? If
> > yes, I would say that the best solution should always be using LVM, at
> > least it provides more features.

Wrong -- sort of.  OCFS2, GFS, Lustre, etc., are CLUSTER filesystems,
this "clash" you're talking about is actually supposed to be happening.
And it isn't a "clash," it allows multiple writers.  With a cluster
filesystem, you should, for example, be able to have two domU's on
different dom0's writing to the same tap:aio file-based filesystem
residing on OCFS2.

John

--
John Madden