Re: [Xen-users] Problems creating hvm guest after dom0 reboot

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems creating hvm guest after dom0 reboot
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:03:02 +0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 02:03:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Daniel Schmitz <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does nobody has an idea? Or is everything correct and xen does strange
> things? Maybe a restart of xen can help?

No idea. I haven't had anything like it.
Your description also seems strange. Something that works doesn't
usually go wrong after a restart. Perhaps you upgraded some packages
or change some settings?

> I even tried to start a hvm minimal guest, build with the example
> configuration resulting in the same problem.

Try my config file, tested on RHEL5 dom0, Windows XP or 2003 domU.

http://pastebin.com/f23e0f5e1

If all fail you probably should consider using a known-good
configuration, possibly reinstalling from scratch.

Regards,

Fajar