Re: [Xen-users] iptables support domU

To: Alberto Asuero Arroyo <albertoasuero@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] iptables support domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:37:47 +0700
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 06:39:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Alberto Asuero Arroyo
<albertoasuero@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I'm trying to set a firewall in my domU but iptables is not supported. I
> have tried to recompile the domU kernel but I can't find the iptables
> module.
>
> What can I do??I have the latest xen source (3.3.1)

It's more of kernel issue instead of Xen issue. I'm guessing you boot
domU from a kernel on dom0 (using "kernel=..." and "initrd=..." line
on domU config file), but the corresponding kernel modules
(/lib/modules/ ... directory) does not exist on domU's filesystem.

The easy way, use prebuilt domU kernel (like kernel-xen for
RHEL/Centos) and boot domU with pygrub. They should have iptables as
module.

Regards,

Fajar