Re: [Xen-users] Access control for the xm command

To: Keith Coleman <list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Access control for the xm command
From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:03:42 -0700
Cc: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:04:42 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :received:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=8hDNlpHW67hXkhE7XkJJW0oeXH9GhyLJemX5zAT3hkI=; b=tX5MDCpjtfaw7eb8zcAk00epkLK/HQQxKmOgBsTBDj6J013pUHgsgMmbOAFFrwwHnH S/EZtbIivU8lJF/wPx9v65lFe0iMoVCfKNR+nZtbcoHafn7VIMhSughHxuKijqd/qmTd elnOtIzCufc1GUZ4sdDSDzI7eQ+UkG+0VKobY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Keith Coleman <list.keith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/31/09, Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Say I have these domUs and their administrators on my dom0:
>
>  guest   admin(s)
>  -----   --------
>  vm1     user1, user3
>  vm2     user2, user3
>  vm3     user3
>
>  Each administrator should be able to do whatever he wants to do with the xm
> command on the domU he's maintaining but he should not be able to perform
> any xm actions on domUs where he's not supposed to have access to. So
> instead of giving general access for "sudo xm ..." I need something more
> fine grained.
>
>  Instead of writing my own script to check user's access to the given domU,
> is there any nice wrapper script for xm which already does this kind of
> access control checks? I hate reinventing the wheel again...
>
>  My dom0 is Debian 5.0 with self-compiled Xen 3.3.1 and libvirtd 0.6.1 if
> that makes any difference...
>
>  Martti

Xen Shell - http://www.xen-tools.org/software/xen-shell/

Keith Coleman

If you can get it to work as any user other than root. I couldn't after several hours and never had time to find out why.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.