Re: [Xen-users] Device Drivers in xen, looking also for a white book ab

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Device Drivers in xen, looking also for a white book about how xen works exactly‏
From: "Ricardo J. Barberis" <ricardo.barberis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:19:23 -0200
Cc: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:20:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
El Dom 01 Marzo 2009, Mark Williamson escribió:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009 17:13:16 Venefax wrote:
> > Your explanation misses to describe the difference between
> > fully-virtualized VM's and Paravirtualized ones, and why the performance
> > of the later is much, much better.
>
> This is true and the original question does touch on it since it asks about
> virtual devices.
>
> > Please kindly continue. You are doing a great job summarizing the ongoing
> > discussion in the science and art of virtualization.
>
> OK, thanks ;-)
>
> Well...

[ ... ]

Wow, I was catching up with old emails and found this precious gem!

Better late than never, I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I'll save
it for future reference for when I need to explain it to someone else.

Best regards,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis
Senior SysAdmin - I+D