Re: Re: [Xen-users] VT-D RMRR is incorrect

> (XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:486: found ACPI_DMAR_RMRR
> (XEN) [VT-D]dmar.c:376: RMRR error: base_addr bf7dc000 end_address
> bf7dbfff

This is a shot-in-the-dark guess:
Is there some way to treat an entry like this as if it wasn't there at all?

Theory: If some BIOS programmer set aside two records to be used for various
needs, and then on boot detected that one of them wasn't needed (say,
integrated graphics not present, so 0 MB reserved?), perhaps said BIOS
programmer would just set the range to be 0 bytes, rather than go through
the effort to remove the entire record? What could go wrong if the parser
just treated entries mapping 0 byte ranges (like this one) as if they didn't
exist?