[Xen-users] xm commands hang when a HVM guest is running

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm commands hang when a HVM guest is running
From: Sebastian Reitenbach <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:16:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:17:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I try to manage a xen cluster with heartbeat. I have most domU's
paravirtualized, but also two hvm guests, running OpenBSD 4.4.

on a node, where a hvm node is started, then it is very likely, that a xm
command, doesn't matter which one, just hangs for a long time, e.g. a minute
or even longer. when I shutdown the hvm guest, then xm starts working fast
and reliably again. So right now its nearly impossible for me to manage this
clsuter via heartbeat containing the hvm guests.

Is this known to someone already, and maybe there is sth.  I can do against
the problem? If I need to provide more information, let me know...

cheers
Sebastian

I'm running the dom0 on SLES10SP2, x86_64:
Linux srv38 2.6.16.60-0.34-xen #1 SMP Fri Jan 16 14:59:01 UTC 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
xen-doc-pdf-3.2.0_16718_18-0.3
xen-tools-3.2.0_16718_18-0.3
xen-doc-html-3.2.0_16718_18-0.3