Re: [Xen-users] Mount shared block-device: Iscsi? Or GNBD? Or CLVM? Or

To: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Mount shared block-device: Iscsi? Or GNBD? Or CLVM? Or EVMS? It's a hell...
From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:11:06 -0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:11:56 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=/c3gUnowi13BmZHxgsrONvd817asqV9AxqtRDHSlhHI=; b=sqY6TJ2fdiUZfzDSmJ7dHWe0h6ud4evDUoZW03npsecUMkEL/5xjQ7Fk2wrUA9MDYb jzXO1UISEIw0l2jAiIUligM0ZHCgYemff0kSJvy+2loiTJu56pCi3+w0oNIHytzBsg/g 8sBK/r7fH5TSjUSljHYkC2T7wbdFjpUhOayNY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm on the same situation than you...  That's why now I learning about OpenSolaris 2008.11 and its ZFS file system... its awesome!

 My dom0 is Debian Lenny with packaged Xen, my partitions are: /dev/sda1 256M on /boot and /dev/sda2 2G on /root;

 My first domU is OpenSolaris 2008.11 controlling all the rest of the disc (498G of my /dev/sda3);

 So now I'm learning in how to share via ZFS native commands, my POOL to any other Linux domUs thats lives in another hypervisores on the network...

If you like it, help me! I'm totally newbie with Solaris... but maybe my idea is good!

I'm even thinking about enabling OpenSolaris 2008.11 as dom0 to enjoy the ZFS! But this is still only a possibility.

Regards,
Thiago