Re: [Xen-users] Re: SCSI driver clash with PV drivers

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Iain J. Watson <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given the lack of response to this email, can I just query why?
>
> Did I ask this question in a bad way or is it just that no-one has any
> idea how to do what I want?

Most likely the later.
If you're using HVM guest, why bother mapping the disk as sda anyway?
Form what I know so far:
- In windows HVM guest, drives should be mapped as hd[a-d]. Additional
drives can be mapped as xvda, but those extra drives will only be
available when using GPLPV or Redhat's PV driver.
- In Linux HVM guest it's somewhat the same. The main difference is
when using the PV driver (I only tested the one in RH), drives will be
mapped twice, as both hda and xvda.

The configs that uses sda that I've seen so far is for PV domU.
So back to my first question, is there any need to use sda on your
domU in the first place?

Regards,

Fajar