[Xen-users] xen Paravirtualization for WinXP or WinVista on AMD Phenom x

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen Paravirtualization for WinXP or WinVista on AMD Phenom x4
From: "David Stockwell" <dstockwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:25:01 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:25:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is not clear to me whether Windows is supported under xen at this point.

I have built a new machine with an AMD Phenom x4 and 8GB RAM, lots of disk (but FakeRAID, another story), etc., etc. Should be an absolute fire-eater, and able to support multiple concurrent Linux instance for development. However, some of the Apps I have to useneed to run under Windows XP+.

According to some of the docs, xen will support some xen-ized form of Windoze under 3.3.1, but it is not clear where I can find the "slightly modified" form of WinVista or XP that will run happily in a DomU.

Any clues?

David Stockwell