RE: [Xen-users] Anything come close to esx for xen?

To: <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Goirand'" <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-users'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Anything come close to esx for xen?
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:44:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:45:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas,
        I think you misread Mike's e-mail, to a large degree.  I say this
because I'm pretty sure no criticism of Xen was intended, and because when
Mike used the word bite, I believe he was implying that open source wouldn't
bite, not that Xen didn't fit into the category of open source that wouldn't
bite.  I can't imagine a better place than a Xen mailing list to look for a
project that makes open source Xen more of a bare metal system, and I think
that was also perhaps what Mike was trying to do with this entire thread,
and I believe his rambling confirms that.  Regardless, we'll let him respond
to you, just my two cents.

Mike,
        This isn't exactly a bare metal install for open source Xen, and you
probably already saw it since you have been on the list for a while, but
there is apparently a Debian-based liveCD project that is mentioned in this
thread:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-02/msg00605.html
        Dustin