[Xen-users] Xen 3.3.1 - no VM yet, X process using 100% of CPU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.3.1 - no VM yet, X process using 100% of CPU
From: "Etienne-Hugues Fortin" <efortin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:10:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:11:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've installed the RPM for Xen 3.3.1 from Gitco for Centos 5.2.  I actually did try to compile it directly from source before that with success but as I were having an issue (which I now know is the same), I decided to use the work from somebody else hoping it was a problem specific to my compile.

As a summary, I have a dual core Intel CPU with 3 GB of RAM and this kernel running: 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen.  I have not yet define any VM.  However, if I look at top, it is saying that the process X is using 100% of the CPU and this is continuous.  It never stop.  I've tried to change inittab to boot at level 3 and I don't have the problem but, as you can expect, I can't use X or VNC this way.

I've done numerous search on the web but... Looking for "Xen, X (or X11) and combination of high load, 100 CPU load, etc) will either bring everything on earth that as Xen in the name or will only sort the few thousand that are more precisely pointed.

So, after a few weeks of googling, I just can't seems to find the appropriate keywords combination that would bring usable information.

I'm sure I missed something (certainly hope it is the case) and it may be really simple but... can somebody tell me why I have this issue and how to fix it otherwise then stop using X (or just the how to will be good as well so at least I would have a solution).

I'm usually not too bad at fixing problem but this one... the answer just seems to elude me.

Anyway, any tips/hints would be appreciated.

Thank you.

efortin