[Xen-users] XEN and NICS

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN and NICS
From: "Hans Pfeil" <HPfeil@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:53:53 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:54:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey all, running sles10sp2 with Xen running from Novell.  My goal is to get
each virtual server its own nic.  Here is what I have:

-   eth0 (onboard broadcom) is the nic dom0 is using, this has an IP address
-   eth1 (onboard broadcom) does not have an IP address, nothing connected
-   eth2-9 (two quad-port intel nics) these do not have an IP address.
-   All nics will be on the same subnet.

So, with the above shouldn't my bridge script be as follows:

#!/bin/bash
dir=$(dirname $0)
"${dir}/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=2 netdev=eth2 bridge=eth2
"${dir}/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=3 netdev=eth3 bridge=eth3

and so on.....

Wouldn't adding eth0 to the script mess things up?  Shouldn't I leave eth0 and
eth1 out of the script?

Thanks
-Hans