RE: [Xen-users] hvm gracefull power off

To: "'Brian Krusic'" <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-users list'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] hvm gracefull power off
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:59:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:00:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        If there are PV drivers available for your distro, they might
include something that watch for and respond to the shutdown signal provided
by Xen.  I don't think the shutdown signal is actually dealt with by a
driver per se, though, I just know that a service to provide that
functionality is included in the GPLPV drivers for Windows provided by James
Harper.  If the drivers don't have software for it, you might be able to
find the a software piece separately, or you could try that first.
Regardless, unless someone can point you toward the appropriate app/service,
or you can find or make one on your own, you would have to run the VM as PV
to get your preferred behavior.
        Dustin