Re: [Xen-users] Xen Kernel not booting

To: Meghanand Acharekar <vasco.debian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Kernel not booting
From: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:13:42 -0600 (CST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:15:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are there any very new 3ware hardware on the remote system?  Or nvidia
video cards? I have had problems with both of those.
Best way I know to get the Xen boot logs is to use a serial console
and specify console=com1,tty com1=115200,8n1
on the xen.gz line in grub.conf.  Also make sure that when
you installed the kernel-xen that the initrd.img was made correctly.

The other thing you could do is to chkconfig xend off and
reboot on the xen kernel again, to see if it is actually
the kernel that is the problem or starting up the userspace xend.
Have seen that break too, although not on the version of the
kernel you mention, which is exactly the same version I run
in production.

Steve Timm