Re: [Xen-users] pygrub CentOS domU - unable to mount lvm partition form

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pygrub CentOS domU - unable to mount lvm partition form dom0 -
From: Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:45:08 +0100
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:45:53 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=t4XPh3Gvkffej4DOCqb27cy9rrYzx0T179WXxMhTzpw=; b=jyi7sXcJzNWC2hNe2Gf5xbLj/sivGd1oi1BdKT7WOzN3G815+XGg+viNgb1eL6fOfZ 0XeHaLGktiKLaBaxxvgfcMXJrjmzozcSjAFM5PDYV2ZQd0yGef1d6JYFbDPCWedCMn0U Hx37UBcNkkTvFFXTrPlX9dPWHD+bpniFLe9us=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/1/30 Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>       Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
>> /dev/vg/centospy   *           1        3916    31455238+  83  Linux
>
> Shouldn't it be /dev/vg/centospy1 ?
> I'm getting the feeling you're trying to anonymize LV name and change
> it on the output line but forgot to do the same on the command line
> (and vice-versa for the mount command)

mount /dev/vg/centospy1 /mnt/lvm
mount: special device /dev/vg/centospy1 does not exist

mount /dev/vg/centospy/1 /mnt/lvm
mount: special device /dev/vg/centospy/1 does not exist
       (a path prefix is not a directory)

>> During the CentOS install annaconda is reporting something like "loop
>> partition" detected and have to reinitialize disk.
>
> If you let anaconda reinitialize disk (and thus creating a new
> partition table), there will be a partition on top of that LVM, which
> fdisk SHOULD show by adding the the number "1" or "p1" to the LV name
>
>> Please can somene help me out how to mount this partition from dom0?
>
> Try using kpartx. Something like
> kpartx -av /dev/vg/centospy (or /dev/vg/x1hd, whatever your LV is)
> mount /dev/mapper/centospy1 or x1hd1 (or whatever new block device you
> see on /dev/mapper)
> unmount afterwards, and don't forget to delete dev mappings with kpartx -dv

Unfortunately kpartx is only for debian lenny or sid and I dont wannt
to mess my dom0 :(