Re: [Xen-users] Anyone using dual 3Ghz/4gb servers?

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Anyone using dual 3Ghz/4gb servers?
From: "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:26:36 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:28:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:40:06 +0100 (CET), christoffer@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As you seem to want to be able to migrate, you should be aware that you

I'm just looking for as much redundancy as I can get. Got some darn good leads,
taking notes and will work on those when I get the servers up in a week or two.
I want to make sure that once this thing is running, the folks who are using it
are going to believe that open source IS a good solution. Hard to convince some
people until they see it.
I'm a great believer in showing corporate heads that there isn't only MS out
there.

> can only migrate between the same architecture (e.g. 32/64 bit, Intel/AMD)
> and even within a family, there seem to be limitations. The topic has been
> addressed here previously with links to in-depth discussions. If "...a
> fair number of these..." means that they are similar, then that's ideal!

Yup, they are all the same, all XEON XPUs, just the count is different. The
machines are all IBM so they will be similar in many ways.

> Other than that, if the servers are worth the power they consume - I'd say
> just go ahead!

Well, that's what I'm not sure about and is why I was asking if some folks are
using such machines and if so, do they find them adequate for their purposes.
Hearing others input, you sometimes realize that there is something you can do.

Mike