Re: [Xen-users] weird domU sizes

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Steve Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Brian Krusic wrote:

How can I find out if my domU file is really a sparse file?

Do an "ls -sl" on it, and multiply the number of blocks (in the first column) by the file system block size (4096 for ext3). If this differs from the file size in bytes by 4096 or more, the file is definitely sparse.

Drat. I hate it when I do this; the first column is size in 1024-byte blocks.

Steve