Re: [Xen-users] trouble setting up external IP

To: "Charlie Reddington" <charlie.reddington@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] trouble setting up external IP
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:03:58 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:04:41 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=j3q3O7KwscAVqOlQgG29s0b1USNj/eiPOEcV0zGcfuQ=; b=HXNHDb30QTVGDslaS3T4I+hX+ifwjI1HALNAt47cAdSPzyx5255ouB+aof615aAxri H7SFZUHYBVCi7BmTtiwPNTnnI//34zkSJ5J69sJY4XwiULwyxP2ViSOKS4dtROM4+oWo 7ZeZ2lXKsaduFy5GBeXA+FzZXtise5I/ZY5AU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Charlie Reddington
<charlie.reddington@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I've never run into this problem before so I'm not exactly sure where to
> start.
>
> If I leave the dhcp settings alone, and let the new guest VM take the
> settings, I can successfully ping outside and connect past the dom0.
>
> But when I try to setup the interface to use external settings, I can not
> ping outside. I can ping the local host (guest vm), I can ping the gateway.
> But I can't go out from there.
>
> I have a few external IP's that I knew for a fact where working, as I shut
> down a box to setup this box. So I'm not sure if this is perhaps an issue
> with the comcast router / modem that I have, or with settings I have in
> place on the guest vm / dom0.
>
> I've done this before, and I tried comparing my setups and they seem to be
> the same.
>
> Any suggestions on where / how to start looking here would be greatly
> appreciated.

I'm confused as to what exactly you are changing. Can you include the
changes to config files, xen, network files, etc. ?

At first glance, it doesn't seem like a Xen problem, unless it is some
configuration issue maybe.

Cheers,
Todd

--