RE: [Xen-users] migrate file-based vm to lvm?

To: <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] migrate file-based vm to lvm?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:26:00 -0700
Cc: s0nspark@xxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 08:27:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, you should be able to create a new LVM volume and then run something like:
dd if=/path/to/dis/file of=/dev/volumegroup/volume

The LVM volume needs to be either exactly the same size as the file or slightly larger, and there may be some rounding differences, so you may end up with extra space on the volume.

-Nick