RE: [Xen-users] Question about /gplpv

To: "'James Harper'" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Question about /gplpv
From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:52:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:53:49 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:from:to:references :in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:content-language; bh=jRFAg31OWsHO2lJ42Rr9r+9p3IicqjWNaQPIef2Vg3o=; b=KumhzPYpgDUwKTlSGMoQFIc2nBAsYkjatjMD7DzqHMcjJRN9RFvRWpyKtvpmWreEPz /bE9jejcZivF58oAvyCquXQWNXwnU7wtLuHYK8v+oB+MI9qvRhZEJBQ6VfvEJwMm38NY sMn8+Ghq4gymqNZmbIFvxjxfYYAlrbiXu45sA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear James
I can confirm now the only remaining issue with the GPLPV drivers: the
windows virtual machines do not reboot, the domains must be destroyed and
restarted. The problem is that the memory does not get returned to the
machine after a domain is destroyed. That is a bug filed by Novell a couple
of days ago. The restart problem is on the drivers because the same machine
with Novell PV drivers restarts just fine. I can give you access to one of
my servers if you want to perform some tests.
Federico