[Xen-users] Migration causes domU 100%CPU or NAN CPU

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Migration causes domU 100%CPU or NAN CPU
From: Zseller Tamas <zse@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:22:34 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 00:22:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I’m facing with an issue, and can’t find any solution yet.

I’m running Ubuntu 8.04.1 amd64 on 2 similar IBM servers with Xen 3.2.

I’m trying to set up a XEN „cluster” with DRBD and heartbeat, which solution once worked for me in an other scenario.

Both servers are set up, I’veinstalled a 32 bit and a 64 bit domU on one of them with xen-create-image. domU is up and running, has network connection, I can ssh to it.

When I enter: „xm migrate vm01 node2 –live” on the 1st dom0 (node1) to migrate one of my domU to the other dom0, the following happens:

on 32bit domU:

some network traffic freeze, top shows 99% CPU to all processes, processes can’t run.

on 64bit domU:

the same as 32bit, except that the top shows „nan” for the CPU column.

it’s like some functions are paused on the domU after migration.

strange is, that if I start domU on VM1 then migrate to VM2 it freezes, if I start on VM2 and migrates to VM1 it’s okay, but backward again: freeze.

I welcome any advice,

thanks

 Tom