[Xen-users] Multiple VCPUs Freezes domain0 machine

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Multiple VCPUs Freezes domain0 machine
From: "Matthew Ammerman" <mammerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:04:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:06:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone experienced this behavior? When I launch a domainU with Windows XP Pro as the guest OS, if I configure the domain to have more than on VCPU it starts up just fine.  Windows XP detects both CPUs… but after an average of 5 minutes, the domain0 machine actually seizes and needs a reboot.  If any other information is needed, let me know… but I’ve been able to isolate the issue to the use of vcpus > 1 in the configuration file for domainU.

Are there log files I can look at the will indicate what was happening on domain0 prior to the freeze?

Thanks.

-          Matt