[Xen-users] hypervisor?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] hypervisor?
From: Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:43:47 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:47:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First, a warm hello.

Second, I use virtualization in a very amateur way by sticking with workstation type products; vmware fusion & workstation and microsofts virtual pc.

These have drawbacks as they require a host to run and a script to boot up the various guest os's as well as other short comings.

I am ready to take it to a new level, xen server and am really stoked!

I just installed xen on centos 5.2, very easy.

I am hoping to apply this hypervisor approach were I have some thin layer of a virtual traffic cop of sorts running 2 oses (centos 5.2 for a drupal server and rhel 5 runnning a zimbra server) on my Intelx64 box which is;

Intel Core
2x2.4GHz
4GB mem

I just enabled Intel Virtualization Technology in the BIOS (it sounded good and probably relates to what I want to do).

Can some one direct me to some docs (haven't found any) on installing a hyper visor on my box and its requirements?

I'm pretty stoked to be getting away from vmware and using what seems to be a linux friendly approach.

 - Brian