Re: [Xen-users] Can not boot into Xen-kernel

To: TungDH <tungdh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can not boot into Xen-kernel
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:11:34 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:13:21 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=xzfYDwt2e7yuPL6Z2mlPTJz2xlB+Uc4DulyGv24CR7k=; b=ojnCQx7yFXwjjeYUMcM3xAFdhsxuaNLdDTWg/tJ1ry67YLl5Ycvjr7iN3RtCLt8mHB XPwtRk/T6CIFqtFna69ZfYKo0I5+Tu+WMmbLaan6m51JFa45RDsCyrGLv6rsmt7yAx6S saOwrUxm/Zu7AH9iSP6p1vPHmnVJLmSsmFCTg=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:19 AM, TungDH <tungdh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This error is derived from X environment. After disable the X environment, i
> can boot into console on Xen-kernel
>
> Do you know the solution to fix this error, so i can boot into X environment
> with Xen-kernel ?

This is a known Ubuntu Xen bug, but only applies to specific hardware, I
guess you were one of the the unlucky ones.

You should follow up on this bug and see if you can get or provide any
information from/for it.

You should be able to manage the dom0 system completely from an
external box, if that is an option. Just use SSH -X to the dom0.

Other remote solutions such as virt-manager, enomailsm, etc. could
also work.

Cheers,
Todd

> Thank in advance
>
> TungDH
>

> TungDH wrote:
>>
>> I had tried latest xen(3.3) from hardy-backport and upgrade xorg package,
>> but that error is still existing
>>
>> Can you explain more clearly what i need to do?
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>
>> TungDH
>>

>> Todd Deshane wrote:

>>> I am pretty sure this is a known bug, but I thought that it was fixed
>>> with
>>> a newer version of either the kernel or xorg.
>>>
>>> I would recommend trying the latest xen, kernel, and xorg packages
>>> available in hardy-backports.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Todd

Todd Deshane