Re: [Xen-users] Partially removing GPLPV drivers

To: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Partially removing GPLPV drivers
From: Matthieu Patou <mat+Informatique.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:21:46 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:22:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am facing this strange situation where disks access are quicker without
GPLPV drivers.
I was wondering if it's possible to desactivate the GPLPV driver for it or
simply remove thoses drivers.

Matthieu.
Booting without /gplpv in boot.ini will deactivate the drivers, they
will be shown in device manager with a yellow "!" but that should not
cause any problems and you could leave them installed and disabled
until you figure out why disk is slower and want to enable them again.
Yeah ! I forget to mention that at least I would like to have the shutdown monitor and at most the network driver because this one is performing much better in GPLPV mode ...

Regards.

Matthieu.