[Xen-users] debian, black screen when booting xen hypervisor higher than

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] debian, black screen when booting xen hypervisor higher than 3.0.3
From: Martin Kraus <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 02:34:07 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:34:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
  for some reasong, I can't get xen hypervisor 3.4,3.3 or 3.2 (debian or
compiled) to boot on ibm series x3500. Only 3.0.3 from debian etch boots and
works. I've tried it on another server and the problem is the same.

the last thing that works it the grub menu. when I select the xen hypervisor
option, grub prints that it boots the selected menu, and the screen becomes
black with cursor blinking in the upper left corner. the machine freezes and
it takes a hard reset to get it to boot again.

however, trying it on a normal desktop hardware, any hypervisor I tried booted
all right.

could anyone point me into any direction that has anything to do with this
problem?

thanks
martin