[Xen-users] Xen backups using LVM Snapshots

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen backups using LVM Snapshots
From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:17:52 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:19:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am running Xen 3.2-1 / 2.6.18 on Debian Etch (Dom0).

I setup a Dom0 with several DomUs (Linux).  Each DomU disk is a LV partition.
I have been seeing a few mails about backups and LVM and just wanted to make
sure that what I am doing is correct.

Each DomU with a database has a cron that dumps the db with mysqldump.  Later
on, Dom0 will do an LVM Snapshot of all DomUs and then do a file system backup
of the Snapshots.  I do no actions on the DomUs.  No shutdown or 'xm
pause/save/...'

Does this sound about right or am I missing something important?  Any pointers
to 'Xen backup' documentation are welcome! :)

Thanks for your help.