RE: [Xen-users] Pasting into virtual console?

On Mon, October 6, 2008 09:28, Dustin Henning wrote:
>       RealVNC provides this functionality via a service in Windows.  The
> same may not be true of Linux.  However, what about logging in via X over
> SSH (I don't know how to do this, but I've seen it done)?  Too resource
> intensive?

Fine for Linux servers, and I'm using that (I do have console VNC sessions
configured, but it's not my primary access to those boxes).  Mostly I just
use SSH rather than routing X over it, especially when away from the
office.  *Locally* it's gigabit ethernet and the performance is really
quite good :-).

But half the virtual servers are windows boxes.

What the maintainers of those really want, seems like, is the native
remote desktop, so I've set up yet another port mapping in the LVS NAT
setup to provide access to that via the router system.  So the VNC access
is a backup provision.  However, it's useful to know that I can
potentially run VNC server  as a service there, and get a less barebones
session.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info