Re: [Xen-users] Windows Server 2003, reboot hangs

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:34:55 +0200
David Riccitelli <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Terii,
>
> Your right, I had 4 vcpus, I changed them to 2 vcpus and reboot is
> now working. Terrific.

Great that works for you! I need to do further testing see why
allocating more than 4 CPUs is causing this problem. I will test this on
Xen 3.3 in near future.

> But changing to 2 vcpus isn't going to affect the performance of my
> domU?

Depends on what you do. At two of my company's remote locations (one
running VMware, one running Xen), we have following domUs.

1. Windows Server 2003 std for AD.
2. Windows Server 2003 std for DNS.
3. Windows Server 2003 std for Citrix presentation server.

All guests are allocated two CPUs and getting hit quite heavily. I
don't see any performance/stability issues.