[Xen-users] Debian testing + xen 3.2.1 + dom0 kernel 2.6.18 + clvm 2.x -

To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Debian testing + xen 3.2.1 + dom0 kernel 2.6.18 + clvm 2.x -> impossible ?
From: Peter Van Biesen <peter.vanbiesen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:23:23 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 04:24:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a dom0 starting from a debian testing installation. I
installed testing, then installed the 2.6.18 kernel from stable and the
hypervisor from testing. After a reboot xen is now up and running. I now want
to use clvm. So I install redhat-cluster-suite and clvm. This installs the
kernel modules for the 2.6.26 and the 2.6.18 kernel. However, the modules for
the 2.6.18 kernel are version 1.3x, while for the 2.6.26 kernel are 2.x .
Needless to say, cman will not start.

I then tried to compile de kernel module for my 2.6.18 kernel from source using
the module-assistant. This fails on lm_interface.h, which is not in the 2.6.18
source tree.

Is it really impossible to run clvm 2.x on a dom0 ? Or am i missing something ?
Has anybody used clvm with xen ?

Kindest regards,

Peter.
--