Re: [Xen-users] Using xen in multihead distributed setup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using xen in multihead distributed setup
From: "John Preston" <byhisdeeds@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:23:27 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:24:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=jwY+OYqvdSlFGipvZdADppLRBcXhaXwkGSl2bdT3Tjk=; b=rdLf6Y78lURJpJfoC59EeGgFWqsyAYyMtx1msuIZd+SLJqydFGkvKfa7M3L/0c9Ie7 K9uLLgT44bOk4DIvIeajyiOh5aUcbflJ+MdCxagGlwjtOfKokvUInGerHlJtRZjtmzZV fAT4blD0kXRYlmvRB5YWNH6VlMSd0oI2FZ1o8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PCI Passthru does not work with video cards, instead you can access
the video display from the vm's using vnc or sdl.
I don't think I can use vnc or sdl in my case. I need each server to run X which I thought would be able to distinguish between all the installed cards by their n:n designation in xorg.conf. I was hoping that there would be a way to bind each servers X output to just one video card. Thus I could see the output of applications  running on each server.

John