Re: [Xen-users] Connecting dom0's with VPN?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Connecting dom0's with VPN?
From: Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:07:20 -0500
Cc: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:06:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 18 September 2008, Steve Wray wrote:
> I am thinking that if I create a VPN tunnel between the two sites and
> then connect the bridged interface to the VPN this won't work. Or will
> it? Remember that the bridged interface itself doesn't have an IP
> address. And I'm not sure how OpenVPN would react to passing packets
> from the Xen bridges.

yep, OpenVPN works great with bridges.  in fact, it's the usual configuration
when doing frame-based tunnelling (as opposed to IP-based).  in this case,
the tunX iface created by OpenVPN might not have an IP address either, yet it
works as expected.

--
Javier