Re: [Xen-devel] xenstore -- read UUID

To: "dinesh chandrasekaran" <dinesh_chan8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xenstore -- read UUID
From: "Geoffrey Lefebvre" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:28:32 -0700
Cc: xen developers community <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen users community <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:29:17 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=+YNEayfjcN917yVUwUSAc4c2uqrtvrJksbwR3j1Isrs=; b=Lw/X4ZKafY71VJNW2YNrtuck32Y7I40o3Y/2rRZY5O1BRy060YvHjiYZaQ4g2At1MU 5TNPZ59cDArAZKV/s/P/leH5Y+7tgdiB9NEb0K9gFgTSu+05z70pWagxBZt31oy8jmB+ Sy49ljT4x35IPOZLahsn7Vhg2qWJhiG1sSKK8=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references:x-google-sender-auth; b=gxp4Wze6hXAxEXRN/6Dq+jDqPjt4tVkIyhNGpkNen8AByCk0enhVyadxU0/0vfJ2rF opMLR4+GNswaNiU6JooDXGHUxprG3RU5n/rP8fmueIeHSjJ3ofDvp6KFQtIxYQNU1lFK TTriX+OVNmfktH4d0sqK39oKyDePPY3ziaqMg=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> /usr/include/uuid which means I could use this only from the use space in
> domain-0.
> The hypervisor doesnot include these user space libraries. How could I
> convery the dmain->handle; the 16 byte uuid to a human readable
> from inside the hypervisor?

If you want to read the a domain uuid from user space, you can use the
XEN_DOMCTL_getdomaininfo hypercall to get the uuid. From there, you
can turn the uuid into a readable string. If you really want to turn
into a readable string from within the hypervisor, then you probably
have to port uuid_unparse to xen but i am not sure I understand why
you would to do that from the hypervisor?

geoffrey