RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 cpufreq usage

To: <lagneau@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.3.0 cpufreq usage
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:36:22 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 22:37:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cpufreq=xen is enough to activate cpufreq support on Intel processors with EIST feature. However you can't retrieve run-time information by existing dom0 sysfs interface, as dom0 is also virtualized and there's no direct relationship between dom0's vcpus and underlying physical cpus. By far hypercall interface is created for such purpose (tools/libxc/xc_pm.c) and you then can write a small utility to use it. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin