RE: [Xen-users] Maintain VNC session across reboots?

To: "'John Hannfield'" <hal9020@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Maintain VNC session across reboots?
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:51:23 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 06:52:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        I believe the vnc serving process is terminated when the domain is
terminated.  When the domain is recreated (shortly thereafter when
restarting), a new vnc serving process is started.  Assuming you are setting
the port, it will be the same, but you have to reconnect.  Some vnc clients
will try to automatically reconnect on a lost connection when configured to
do so.  This could work depending on how long there is no vnc serving
process for the appropriate port and/or how quickly (or how many times) the
vnc client tries to reconnect.  I have had this work from time to time with
a RealVNC client, but not consistently.  I think the serving process usually
sends a disconnect server, so the client assumes it was a clean disconnect
instead of a lost connection so really a setting to reconnect on disconnect
instead of just on a lost connection would be necessary).
        Dustin