[Xen-users] Xen 3.3 and ACM Security Errors

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.3 and ACM Security Errors
From: Mike Lovell <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:38:36 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:39:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using a CentOS 5.2 x86_64 machine and compiled Xen 3.3.0. Everything seemed to build and install okay. After rebooting to the new of Xen, when I try to create a new domU, I get an error message saying "ACMError: Policy file '/etc/xen/acm-security/policies/-security_policy.xml' not found." I tried to find some documentation on what this is but I coming up with nothing.

I checked Config.mk file and the following options that seem relevant are set:

# Enable XSM security module.  Enabling XSM requires selection of an
# XSM security module (FLASK_ENABLE or ACM_SECURITY).
XSM_ENABLE ?= n
FLASK_ENABLE ?= n
ACM_SECURITY ?= n

After the install completed, there was not a /etc/xen/acm-security directory or xensec programs. I tried creating the /etc/xen/acm-security/policies directory and copied the client_v1-security-policy.xml from the source/tools/security/policies/examples directory. That didn't help. I then tried xm makepolicy /etc/xen/acm-security/policies/client_v1-security-policy.xml and got an error saying: ACMError: Unknown policy '/etc/xen/acm-security/policies/client_v1-security_policy.xml' Error: "Unknown policy '/etc/xen/acm-security/policies/client_v1-security_policy.xml'"

I am kind of at a loss now for what to look at. I have not seen any of these security functions before in my use of 3.0 through 3.2. Any thoughts on what is going on or any recommendation on where to look for help? Thanks

Mike