Re: [Xen-users] Xen - AoE benchmarks

Markus Hochholdinger wrote:
The only reason i'm looking forward to use aoe is because the disconnection of malfunctioning storage servers is better handled than with gnbd. gnbd (in "No Cluster" mode) waits forever if the server dies and i had to write my own programs to handle such a situation. aoe just gives i/o error, and that's what i want.

Is there a reason whay you're not looking at iscsi?
Redhat's iscsi-initiator-utils (from open-iscsi) has node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout, which "specify the length of time to wait for session re-establishment before failing SCSI commands back to the application when running the Linux SCSI Layer error handler". I assume this is what you want.

Regards,

Fajar